Dedicated to our public partners
Counterpointe Energy Solutions provides program administration services to states, counties, municipalities and special districts on all aspects of Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) programs.
Since 2013, Counterpointe has been a respected leader in the formation of the PACE industry and has long been committed to developing PACE programs that promote carbon reduction, sustainability, resiliency as well as economic development and job creation.
Our Chicago PACE program was awarded an honorable mention among FastCompany’s “World Changing Ideas” in the public policy sector.
From the Beginning
We work to design PACE programs using industry best practices, to enact legislation at the state and muncipal level and to promote program adoption once launched.
Our turnkey 360° programs run through proprietary software that includes all phases of PACE financing and remove the administrative burden and liability at no cost to the participating municipalities.
Property Owner Protections
Utilizing clear documentation for assessments with robust disclosures, technical reviews of all projects with registration of contractors, and approvals of disbursements, Counterpointe works to ensure property owners can make informed decisions and financed measures are installed into the property.
What is PACE?
Property Assessed Clean Energy
PACE is a public/private partnership designed to allow property owners to finance building improvements through voluntary assessments placed on the property by a state economic development agency. A primary goal of PACE is to lower the cost of entry for sustainability, resiliency and renewable energy improvements, thereby increasing economic activity, creating jobs, reducing environmental pollution and improving the built environment. PACE programs achieve this goal by harnessing private capital to finance 100% of the energy efficiency, renewable energy, water conservation, and resiliency improvements as well as related costs of qualified projects.
Major Market Administration
- Administrator for the Chicago PACE program on behalf of the Chicago Department of Planning and Development
- A joint venture with Chicago-based Loop Capital
- Comprehensive program marketing and outreach inclusive of the program website and social media platforms
- Inclusive focus on women and minority-owned businesses
CSCDA: Open PACE (California)
- In California, Counterpointe serves as one of the oldest Program Administrators through the California Statewide Communities Development Association (“CSCDA”) Open PACE program.
- In 2015, Counterpointe was selected through RFP to provide PACE financing for the City of San Francisco’s mandated soft-story retrofit program led by ESIP to protect San Franciscan’s from earthquakes.
- Counterpointe’s Program has large footprint and covers approximately 72% of the state by population.
Counterpointe Energy Solutions’ role as a program administrator with Loop Capital is helping grow a robust Commercial PACE program in the city during a time when attracting private capital to invest in energy savings is at a premium.
Counterpointe Energy Solutions’ role as a program administrator in the CSCDA program has helped meet the goals of California’s PACE legislation while supporting changes such as additional resiliency measures along the way.